Flea Removal & Control

flea control & treatment in nyc

Flea Problem? Speak With a Professional

Get a Free Quote! CALL 800-479-MOUSE
Call Contact us

Flea Treatment & Control Solutions in the NYC Metro Area

When you see fleas in your home, its best that you contact a professional pest management company or exterminator. Many consumers go to the store looking for an over-the-counter product hoping it will solve their problems only to be disappointed in the end. The problem here is that those products bought in stores only work on fleas visible to the naked eye, they don’t wipe out entire colonies. What good is it to spray, especially if they keep coming back to bug you?

wavey-lines-pink-dark wavey-lines-blue-dark Flea Treatment & Control in NYC

Standard Pest Management specializes in finding flea colonies within your home through the use of sophisticated equipment and experience dating back to 1989. Your home is an easy target for infestation especially when you have pets that frequently go outdoors and then back inside. Flea infestations are completely controllable under the care of a professional pest management company.

blue 800 dot grid shape pink 700 dot grid shape Flea on a comb

Useful Information About Fleas & Standard Pest Management

Although they are able to feed on mammals, rodents or humans, dogs are the much preferred host for fleas. A flea is usually able to make its way onto the body of a dog once it goes outside. Fleas are quick, nimble, have three pairs of legs and because of these features are able to latch onto a dog’s abdomen rather quickly.

Besides your beloved dog or cat, they are commonly found on rodents such as rats and mice. Community animals that scurry around throughout the warmer seasons are also common carriers of fleas and these include squirrels, raccoons, foxes, opossums, skunks, chipmunks and more.

  • Family Owned & Operated Flea Exterminators Since 1929
  • Experienced, Highly Trained & Friendly Technicians
  • Affordable Pricing
  • Wide Variety Of Treatment Programs
  • Serving New York City, Westchester, Long Island & NJ
  • Licensed, Insured & Certified
  • Excellent Reputation
  • Fleas Can Hibernate For Long Periods Of Time
  • Animals Roaming Around Your Neighborhood Are A Constant Supply Of Fleas
  • Can Jump Up To Eight Feet, That’s 150 Times Their Own Height!
  • Feed On Blood Of Dogs, Cats, Rodents, Humans, Raccoons, Squirrels And Much More.
  • Live In Pets, Mammals, Carpets, Sofas, And Other Household Goods
  • Have Existed For Millions Of Years
blue 800 dot grid shape pink 700 dot grid shape biology of Fleas

The Habits & Biology of Fleas

Surprisingly, you’d think the biggest cause for concern in your home would be fully grown adult fleas, but these only make up about 20% of the problem. The other 80% are composed of flea eggs and larvae ready to hatch and grow. So as you can imagine, even though adults are only 20% of the problem: they cause 100% of the frustration.

Since Standard Pest Management is operated by a certified Entomologist, we have years worth of experience studying the life cycle and habits of fleas within homes. When combining research along with real world data from our customers, we have found an integrated pest management approach to be the best strategy at killing fleas at all life cycles.

Contact Us

Flea Issues? Get in Touch With Standard Pest Management

Call, email, or fill out a quote request form for a fast and friendly quote today!

Get Your Quote Today!

In a hurry? Fill out our quick quote for a fast response.

Need a comprehensive estimate? Provide more info so we can reach back out with more insight.

Areas we Service

All Phases of Flea Treatment & Control Since 1929 Within NYC

  • New York City
  • Manhattan
  • Queens
  • Brooklyn
  • The Bronx
  • Westchester County
  • Nassau County
  • Northern, New Jersey
blue 800 dot grid shape pink 700 dot grid shape Standard Pest Management technician with van

Residential Flea Removal & Control Services

Since 80% of the flea population will be a problem sooner than later, our technicians prefer taking an intelligent approach by first targeting flea eggs and larvae. Once that population is wiped out, we go after the adults. They are difficult to deal with but far easier to spot and kill. We will take proactive measures with pesticides to make sure the entire colony or population is exterminated for good. Rest assured that our technicians will thoroughly inspect your home or establishment just to make sure we’ve killed all of the fleas.

Learn More About Residential Pest Control
Our Customers

Customers We provide Fly Treatment & Control for

blue 800 dot grid shape pink 700 dot grid shape Dog Flea species

Keeping Your Cats & Dogs Flea-Free

A flea bite to a human can be annoying because its saliva contain chemicals that illicit an immune response in our bodies which causes itching. When a cat or dog is bitten by a flea, we’re sad to say that the reaction is far worse. Flea bites on dogs and cats commonly cause severe allergic reactions and your pet may be suffering without you even knowing.

If this is the case and you are aware of the flea problem, our best advice would be to take your pet(s) to the local vet for immediate treatment and flea control. The veterinarian will only be able to give you good advice on taking care of your animals, you’ll need a partner like Standard Pest Management to keep your pets from being constantly attacked or carrying in fleas to your home.

Pest Control

Additional Pest Management Treatment Options for Residential or Commercial Properties

blue 800 dot grid shape pink 700 dot grid shape Flea Flat View Photo

The Appearance of Fleas

There are over 2500 species of fleas in the world and about 325 of those are central to the United States. Over 94% latch onto mammals for blood feeding while the other 6% target birds. At the adult stage, they are about 1/8 of an inch long and oval-shaped.

Even though fleas are miniature in size, their body is easily recognizable in comparison to other pests. The first thing you’ll notice is how flat they are along with their reddish-brown color. Fleas also lack wings and their thinness is what allows them to move so quickly through the fur of an animal.

Need Help?

Site Resources


Loved by our customers, vendors & community

Effortless Flea Removal & Control Available For Commercial Or Residential Properties Throughout The New York City Metro Area.

Check out our reviews
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
Mentions in the press
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
  • Slide
Standard Pest Management Logo