About Standard Pest Management
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves. We are a fourth generation family owned and operated firm, based in Long Island City, Queens since 1929. For over eighty five years we have been resolving a broad spectrum of pest related issues in all types of commercial, institutional and residential settings. These services have grown to include independent pest management surveys, dedicated bed bug remediation teams, bird and rodent exclusion, nuisance wildlife control as well as our innovative Green Pest Management service.
- National and New York State Pest Management Associations as well as the New York Entomological Society,
- American Mosquito Control Association and the Entomological Society of America.
- We are also long standing members of Queens Chamber of Commerce and the Long Island City Business Development Corporation.
- In 2011 we were named by NY Magazine as “Best Bed Bug Warrior”.
- Standard has achieved NPMA National Pest Management Association Quality Pro designation, Quality Pro Green service provider and Quality Pro Food Protection.
To maintain our high level of performance our staff of NYSDEC Certified Applicators and technicians participates in educational programs on pest control, safety and other areas of environmental concern. We are pleased that most of our service personnel have attended and completed the prestigious NY City Dept. of Health Rodent Academy.
Our dedicated service staff is under the direction of our staff entomologist was a CUNY faculty member for over twenty years instructing entomology and pest control technology. Our president Gil Bloom, a certified entomologist has also consulted and done training for various City and State agencies as well as private concerns, most recently Mr. Bloom was appointed by Mayor Bloomberg as one of three experts to the NYC Bed Bug Advisory Board. Joshua Bloom, who has also studied entomology, is responsible for our quality assurance program which maintains our high level of customer satisfaction and pest problem prevention and resolution. Joshua also serves on the board of the NYPMA New York Pest Management Association as region 2 director.